Please use the links below to download an EWRB certification document form.
Choice of form
- Use an Electrical Certificate of Compliance and Electrical Safety Certificate when certifying installations or part installations under Part1 or Part 2 of AS/NZS 3000.
- Use an Electrical Safety Certificate when certifying prescribed electrical work under Section 74A of the Electrical (Safety) Regulations 2010.
- Use a Record of Inspection (ROI) of High-risk Prescribed Electrical Work form when certifying high risk prescribed electrical work under part 6A(2) of the Electrical (Safety) Regulations 2010.
Use of form
- EWRB certification document forms can be completed and saved on your computer or tablet. You need Adobe Acrobat Reader (external link) installed on your computer to use these forms.
- Click the link to open the form you require. Tab through the fields and enter information using your keyboard. When you save this form your additions will also be saved.
- You can protect your PDF certificates from further change by setting editing permissions to none when creating a document permissions password. Note that a document open password is not required / helpful under normal circumstances.
- You need additional software to protect PDF documents. There are a variety of websites, free software and licensed applications capable of locking a PDF document. Talk to your IT adviser if you need assistance.
Stored EWRB certification documents
It is important to keep a copy of certificates you issue for your own records/protection. Completing certificates online as PDFs has the added advantage that they can be electronically filed in a practising licence holder’s Board file. The Board’s certificate store is free of charge and negates the need for the certificates to be kept for seven years.
- Prepare your certificate as above.
- Log in to Worker Login (external link) using your RealMe login details.
- Select "My COC/ESC" from the list on the left hand side of the screen.
- Select Stored Certificates.
- Choose and upload your file.
Equipment compliance certificates
Equipment compliance certificates are available from the online store only in books of 50. They are for use in voluntary compliance scenarios. These self-adhesive certificates are credit card sized and can be affixed to the equipment item.
Transition to online certificates
Introduction of new Board certification documents in April 2013 was on the basis that the forms would be made available online and that they would be free to download. To ensure a smooth transition to the new certification scheme paper versions of the new certificates were also provided. The transition period for the new scheme has now passed and the Board’s forms are now only available online.